October 27, 2019 - October 30, 2019
Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
201 Broadway Ave
Normal, IL 61761
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
41st IPELRA Annual Conference
Sunday, October 27, 2019
Registration is Open!
Make it Happen; Make it Matter!
Register today to join us in Bloomington-Normal for our 41st Annual Training Conference!
Click here for full brochure
Approval pending for up to 12.0 hours of Illinois general CLE credits
Approval pending for up to 16 SHRM / HRCI credit hours
Sunday, October 27:
Monday, October 28:
- National PELRA Academy I -- The Foundations of Labor Relations (Note: Requires separate registration and payment. Please go to npelra.org, under the Education tab.)
- Pre-Conference Workshop: ADA/ADAAA Compliance (Rachel Shaw - Shaw HR Consulting) (offered free of charge to Conference registrants)
- President's Welcome Reception
... Plus breakout Sessions on:
- This year's Keynote Speaker, Steve Bench, will be presenting on Attracting Tomorrow's Talent: The Modern Mindset
- Rachel Shaw joins us again to talk about Proven Strategies to Address Excessive Use, Abuse and Misuse of Leave
Tuesday, October 29:
- Labor Relations Boot Camp
- Workplace Civility
- Current Issues Involving Medical Marijuana and Anticipated Issues with Recreational Use
- Mental Health Monday! Help! How Does an Employer Cope With All the Issues?
- Preparing and Delivering Anti-Harassment Training
- Mediation from the Employer's View
... Plus breakout Sessions on:
- Our plenary session for the day is presented by Bob Smith (Clark Baird Smith LLP) covering Current Bargaining Trends and Developments: A National Perspective; Bob will be joined by Robb Craddock (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign), speaking on the recent AFSCME State contract settlement and other State issues
Wednesday, October 30:
- Preparing Tomorrow's Supervisor Today: How to Train Your Managers on Important HR Issues
- Handling Investigations Involving Accusations Against Leadership & Elected Officials
- Changes and Trends in the Modern Workforce
- ABCs of Grievances
- Anatomy of an Outbreak (Implications for Employers)
- HR Think Tank
- Workers' Compensation: Can/Should You be More Proactive?
- Best Management Practices for Managing Remote Access
- Recent ILRB Decisions & Developments Under the Pritzker Administration
There are lots of opportunities to relax, unwind and network with colleagues, too:
- Ben Gehrt from Clark Baird Smith LLP discusses the Cost of No Cost Bargaining
- Jennifer Fennema and Sally Ihmel from Henderson, Nevada will discuss responding to the tragic event the Las Vegas Valley experienced on October 1, 2017 in their presentation on HR's Role in Time of Tragedy
- President's Welcome Reception (Sunday evening)
- Sunrise Yoga (Monday and Tuesday morning)
- IPELRA Awards Luncheon (Monday)
- Sponsor Recognition Reception (Monday evening)
- Conference Reception and Dinner (Tuesday evening)
See the full brochure for program descriptions and registration information!
We look forward to seeing you in Bloomington-Normal!