August 16, 2018
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m.
550 W. Irving Park Road
Village Board Room – 2nd Floor
Itasca, IL 60143
Essential Skills for Supervisory Success - Itasca
Thursday, August 16, 2018
Winner of the National PELRA Pacesetter Award!
Members of the IPELRA 2018 Supervisory Skills Training Team
The 2018 Training Session will be conducted by the IPELRA Supervisory Training Team –
a team that collectively offers years of practical, hands-on human resources and public sector experience, a legal perspective and insights, and extensive labor relations expertise.
This basic course for new or newer supervisors in union and non-union environments has been developed by IPELRA specifically for its members … and will include what supervisors need to know as supervisors. It can also be used as an entry-level “brush up” course for not-so-new supervisors.
This full day of skills training will cover the following topics:
- Making the Transition from Peer to Boss
- Resources You Need to Know – Policies, Contracts, HR Associations
- Communication, Coaching & Counseling Employees
- Performance Appraisals & Performance Improvement Plans
- Discipline – Documenting and Implementing
- Harassment and Discrimination
- Recruitment and Employee Development Opportunities
- Legal Implications – Sick Leave/FMLA, WC/ADA/EAP, Fitness for Duty
DUE TO SPACE LIMITATIONS (50 participants in each location)
REGISTRATION IS LIMITED TO A MAXIMUM OF 5 ATTENDEES FROM ANY ONE EMPLOYER
This training is intended for supervisory & management personnel only
- This session is SOLD OUT. Registration has closed.
- To pay via check click here. Payments must be received by August 16, 2018.
(includes light breakfast and box lunch)
- $149 Members & Organizational Associates Of Members (OAM)*
- $175 Non-Members
*Organizational Associates of Members are other employees of the same employer as a current IPELRA member.
Registration confirmation and any other communications to program registrants will be sent via email. If you do not receive a confirmation by August 1, 2018, please contact IPELRA Secretariat, Debi Stensland. Please insure your internal network security will allow email communications from email@example.com to avoid your confirmation being lost in a spam filter.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing and received by August 3, 2018 to qualify for a refund. An administrative fee based on current per person costs may be deducted. Cancellations received after August 3, 2018 are non-refundable. No-shows are non-refundable.