February 6, 2020
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m.
Arlington Heights Village Hall
33 S. Arlington Heights Road
Arlington Heights, IL
Members/Organizational Associates-$159; Non-Members-$185 (includes light breakfast and box lunch)
ESSENTIAL SKILLS FOR SUPERVISORY SUCCESS
Thursday, February 6, 2020
Registration now open!
This program is also scheduled for February 20 in Darien, Illinois and for August 13 in Hoffman Estates, Illinois.
PLEASE NOTE THAT REGISTRATION IS LIMITED TO A COMBINED MAXIMUM OF 5 ATTENDEES FROM ONE EMPLOYER FOR ALL 2020 SESSIONS
Developed by IPELRA for new or newer supervisors, this basic course will include what supervisors need to know. It can also be used as an entry-level “brush-up” for not-so-new supervisors. This full day of skills training will cover the following topics:
SESSIONS FILL UP QUICKLY -- REGISTER EARLY!!
- Making the Transition from Peer to Boss
- Communication, Coaching & Counseling Employees
- Performance Appraisals & Performance Improvement Plans
- Documenting and Implementing Discipline
- Harassment and Discrimination
- Recruitment and Employee Development Opportunities
- Legal Implications – Sick Leave/FMLA, WC/ADA/EAP, Fitness for Duty
- Resources You Need to Know
This training is intended for supervisory & management personnel only.