August 15, 2019
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m.
Darien-Woodridge Fire Protection District
7550 Lyman Avenue
Darien, IL 60561
Essential Skills for Supervisory Success - Darien
Thursday, August 15, 2019
Save the Date!
The August 15, 2019 Session is Full and Registration has Closed. Contact email@example.com to be placed on the wait list.
Click here for the brochure!
Members of the IPELRA 2019 Supervisory Skills Training Team
The 2019 Training Session will be conducted by the IPELRA Supervisory Training Team – a team that collectively offers years of practical, hands-on human resources and public sector experience, a legal perspective and insights, and extensive labor relations expertise.
This basic course for new or newer supervisors in union and non-union environments has been developed by IPELRA specifically for its members … and will include what supervisors need to know as supervisors. It can also be used as an entry-level “brush up” course for not-so-new supervisors.
This full day of skills training will cover the following topics:
- Making the Transition from Peer to Boss
- Resources You Need to Know – Policies, Contracts, HR Associations
- Communication, Coaching & Counseling Employees
- Performance Appraisals & Performance Improvement Plans
- Discipline – Documenting and Implementing
- Harassment and Discrimination
- Recruitment and Employee Development Opportunities
- Legal Implications – Sick Leave/FMLA, WC/ADA/EAP, Fitness for Duty
DUE TO SPACE LIMITATIONS (50 participants in each location) REGISTRATION IS LIMITED TO A MAXIMUM OF 5 ATTENDEES FROM ANY ONE EMPLOYER
This training is intended for supervisory & management personnel only