February 7, 2019
Registration Begins at 8:30 a.m.
Village of Arlington Heights
33 S Arlington Heights Rd.
3rd Floor Board / Community Room
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
Essential Skills for Supervisory Success - Arlington Heights
Thursday, February 7, 2019
Members of the IPELRA 2019 Supervisory Skills Training Team
The 2019 Training Session will be conducted by the IPELRA Supervisory Training Team –
a team that collectively offers years of practical, hands-on human resources and public sector experience, a legal perspective and insights, and extensive labor relations expertise. Our trainers are professionals in the field and many served as the creators of this original IPELRA Training Program
This basic course for new or newer supervisors in union and non-union environments has been developed by IPELRA specifically for its members … and will include what supervisors need to know as supervisors. It can also be used as an entry-level “brush up” course for not-so-new supervisors.
This full day of skills training will cover the following topics:
- Making the Transition from Peer to Boss
- Resources You Need to Know – Policies, Contracts, HR Associations
- Communication, Coaching & Counseling Employees
- Performance Appraisals & Performance Improvement Plans
- Discipline – Documenting and Implementing
- Harassment and Discrimination
- Recruitment and Employee Development Opportunities
- Legal Implications – Sick Leave/FMLA, WC/ADA/EAP, Fitness for Duty
DUE TO SPACE LIMITATIONS (50 participants in each location). REGISTRATION IS LIMITED TO A MAXIMUM OF 5 ATTENDEES FROM ANY ONE EMPLOYER
This training is intended for supervisory & management personnel only
CHOOSE FROM THREE DATES/LOCATIONS:
9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (Registration Begins at 8:30 a.m.)
Thursday, February 7, 2019
Thursday, February 21, 2019
Glen Ellyn (click here for more info)
- To register online (payment is available via credit card or check), [COMING SOON!]. You will be redirected to the National PELRA website. Please note, online registration works best with Google Chrome.
- Members should "SIGN IN" with their National PELRA member login (ID & password) to get the member rate.
- Organizational Associates of Members (OAM) will need an existing member to complete their registration in order to receive the membership rate. If you are unsure of your membership status, please contact the IPELRA Secretariat at email@example.com or (847) 378-7711.
- Non-members – please follow the directions to "CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT."
- To register via email / fax (check payments only), click HERE [COMING SOON!] to get the Registration Form and Invoice.
Note: Members logging in for the first time since the National PELRA website redesign will be prompted to create a new password. If you have any issues with the National PELRA website or online registration, please call National PELRA at 858-299-3150 for assistance.
- $159 Members & Organizational Associates Of Members (OAM)*
- $185 Non-Members
*Organizational Associates of Members are other employees of the same employer as a current IPELRA member.
Registration confirmation and any other communications to program registrants will be sent via email. If you do not receive a confirmation by February 15, 2019, please contact IPELRA Secretariat, Debi Stensland. Please insure your internal network security will allow email communications from firstname.lastname@example.org to avoid your confirmation being lost in a spam filter.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing and received by February 15, 2019 to qualify for a refund. An administrative fee based on current per person costs may be deducted. Cancellations received after February 15, 2019 are non-refundable. No-shows are non-refundable.